Last updated on: 2011/04/20
Kwarts may electronically collect, store and use the following of your personal information:
Kwarts shall take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. For the purpose of this clause, "personal information" shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from http://www.dsd.gov.za/other/PAIA_Manual_Final_Draft_2009.pdf
- name and surname;
- birth date;
- country of residence;
- closest city;
- e-mail address;
- mobile number (if provided by you);
- IP address; and
- ID number / assport number.
Kwarts collects, stores and uses the abovementioned information for the following purposes:
- to greet you when you access the Website;
- subject to your consent, to inform you of facts relating to your access and use of the Website;
- subject to your consent, to inform you about competitions and special offers from Kwarts and/or its partners / affiliates;
- to verify your identity when transacting with Kwarts;
- to ensure that the goods are received by the addressee; and
- to facilitate communication between you and Kwarts.
Information detailed above is collected either electronically by using cookies or is provided voluntarily by you. You may determine cookie use independently through your browser settings.
You may elect not to receive any communications from Kwarts.
Kwarts may collect, maintain, save, compile and share any information collected from you, subject to the following provisions:
- Kwarts shall not disclose your personal information unless –
- you consent thereto;
- through due legal process.
- Kwarts may compile, use and share any information that does not relate to any specific individual; and
- Kwarts owns and retains all rights to non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by Kwarts.
Additional information regarding Users
Users who have chosen to subscribe to the Kwarts and purchase a product would have provided additional information to Kwarts for purposes of facilitating quick credit card payments on the Website as follows:
- credit card details (ie type of card; card number; and expiry date); note: your credit card number will not be stored
- billing address
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should contact email@example.com. Kwarts will then do its best to resolve your concerns.
If at the time you provide Personal Information to Kwarts you are given the opportunity (as you currently are) to limit how such information will be used to communicate with you by Kwarts.
Entities Collecting Personal Information
Personal Information on this Site is collected by Kwarts, 217 Lochner street, Raslouw,Centurion, Pretoria, South Africa with telephone number 086 111 4135.
Updating Your Personal Information and Privacy Preferences
You have the right to access and correct your Personal Information and privacy preferences at any time. This may be accomplished by logging on with you credentials and clicking on the link,"Your Name", where you can view and make changes to most of your Personal Information immediately. For security purposes certain Personal Information can only be changed by contacting support by email.
Collection of Personal Information
As a visitor to the Site, you can engage in many activities without providing any Personal Information.
However, when you order products as a Kwarts subscriber, we may collect your Personal Information from you.
Depending upon the activity, some of the information that we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
As is true of most websites, when you use the Site, Kwarts may also collect certain technical and routing information about your computer to facilitate your use of the Site and its services. For example, we may log environmental variables, such as browser type, operating system, CPU speed, and the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer. We use these environmental variables to facilitate and track your use of the Site. Kwarts also uses such environmental variables to measure traffic patterns on the Site. To better understand the needs of our visitors to the Site we may occasionally match such information with your Personal Information.
Information Sharing with Service Providers / Agents
Kwarts uses one outside credit card processing company ("Netcash") to bill you for our goods. To the best of our knowledge, Netcash do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any other purpose. We only share the Personal Information which is necessary for Netcash to perform these services.
We do not sell or otherwise provide Personal Information to other companies for the marketing of their own products or services.
How Your Personal Information Is Used
We store information that we collect through cookies, log files and transparent images to create a summary of your preferences. We tie your personally identifiable information, and/or your membership usage history, to information in the summary, in order to provide tailored promotions and marketing offers, to improve the content of the site for you and/or to determine your preferences.
We further reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information as required by law (e.g., to comply with a summons, warrant, court order, or legal process served on Kwarts ) and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, avoid litigation, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, and/or respond to a government request. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that such disclosure should be made for reasons of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to delete your account you can do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Choice / Unsubscribe
You may "unsubscribe" of receiving Kwarts email updates, newsletters and/or advertising emails by clicking on the "Unsubscribe" link on the newsletters/email. This link will send an automatic unsubscribe email to email@example.com. We will respond to your request within 30 days. The choice to unsubscribe of such communications is also generally available during the sign-up process. Kwarts will still contact you with service-related announcements including, but not limited to, a registration email, benefit notification emails, emails automatically triggered by actions you took on the Site and bill related notices, as applicable. You may not unsubscribe of these communications, which are not promotional in nature.
Protection of Your Personal Information
The Personal Information that you provide in connection with the use of the Site is protected in several ways.
- Access by you to your account profile is available through a password. This password is encrypted. You should strive to use a strong, alpha-numeric password which you should not reveal to anyone.
- Your Personal Information resides on a secure server that only selected Kwarts personnel have access to via a password.
- Your Personal Information is encrypted whenever it is transmitted to Kwarts.
- When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number), 128 bit SSL encryption is present within the Netcash system which means your information is encrypted during transmission. Netcash security goes far beyond what most companies have been able to achieve for themselves. Using the latest firewall protection, SSL encryption, and proprietary security products, Netcash gives you the peace of mind that only a world-class security infrastructure can provide.
- We strive to protect the Personal Information submitted to us during transmission .
We strive to protect Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. While we use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Web Site, you can send email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Site may automatically collect information as you browse, such as Internet Service Provider, browser type and version, operating system and device type, average time spent on our site(s), pages viewed, information accessed, the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet and other relevant statistics. Such information is sometimes referred to as web analytics and/or clickstream data.
- An action tag is similar to a cookie. Action tags help us identify and track the performance of web pages on the Site, allowing us to measure the performance and quality of the Site and to manage Site content. In addition, we may use action tags in emails. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of marketing campaigns by showing, for example, how many emails have been opened.
Referral Program Emails
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our Site, we will ask you for your friend's name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the Site. Kwarts stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
Your friend may contact email@example.com to request that we remove this information from our database.
Children are not eligible to use our services unsupervised and we ask that children (under the age of 16) do not submit any personal information to us. If you are a minor, you can use this service only in conjunction with permission and guidance from your parents or guardians.
If you believe a child of yours under the age of 16 has entered Personal Information without your consent please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have the data removed.
Kwarts p.a. Incasu (Pty) Ltd
P.O. Box 12082
Tel: 086 111 4135